What About Bob?

piranha

Thanks to Bob (bdevey) who recently posted the details of our fun excursion into the Oligocene forest of Oregon. It was a wonderful day made only better by spending it with one of the Forum's Finest. The icing on the cake is this spectacular plate (front & back) of Cretaceous Bivalvia from the Hornbrook Formation.

A superb gift from a super friend. :)

post-4301-0-46850000-1311021978_thumb.jpg

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Thanks to Bob (bdevey) who recently posted the details of our fun excursion into the Oligocene forest of Oregon. It was a wonderful day made only better by spending it with one of the Forum's Finest. The icing on the cake is this spectacular plate (front & back) of Cretaceous Bivalvia from the Hornbrook Formation.

A superb gift from a super friend. :)

post-4301-0-46850000-1311021978_thumb.jpg

That's an actually very nice mass mortality plate, Scott :wub:

I have enjoyed the fine Bob's report about your trip and about your fabulous achievements :o

Bob is undoubtedly one of the more valuable and significant members of the Forum :rolleyes:

His accident causes a delay, but, since his injury isn't so serious, I am sure he will come back stronger to the heavy fossil activities :)

I wish him a speedy recovery :) .

Astrinos P. Damianakis

Opps..... Hey Scott, I think I gave you the wrong piece, I have your smaller plate still in my trunk. I guess we will have to meet up agian, so we can fix this. The smaller piece has a complete uncoiled ammonite Anisoceras, oh well, never mind, I'll keep it. Lol

Nice photos, I like how you combined both sides. It's one of only two Hornbrook plates I have found, that have two sides. Glad you like it. :)

Thanks again,

Bob

That's an actually very nice mass mortality plate, Scott :wub:

I have enjoyed the fine Bob's report about your trip and about your fabulous achievements :o

Bob is undoubtedly one of the more valuable and significant members of the Forum :rolleyes:

His accident causes a delay, but, since his injury isn't so serious, I am sure he will come back stronger to the heavy fossil activities :)

I wish him a speedy recovery :) .

Astron, your to kind, Thank you for the nice words.

:) Bob

very nice indeed Bob, Scott always makes these photos look like a million dollars , too!:)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus