Great Greenops Gift

piranha

Today an amazing package showed up at my front door courtesy of Carmine (Xonenine). Months ago Carmine informed me of his intention to find a terrific trilobite for me. I requested (insisted :o:P ) on a few occasions that I would prefer that he keep anything special for himself as I certainly have plenty of trilobites after many years of collecting. Well suffice it to say that Carmine is rather stubborn (in a nice way!) and absolutely ignored those requests by sending me his best ever find from his hunt last week. It varies a bit from the typical Greenops boothi with slightly more elongate pygidial spines so it will be a lot of fun deciding how to finally label it. There is little more that I can add other than to say this is the nicest gift I have ever received and well beyond the intrinsic value of the fossil itself. If there is ever a MOTY honor awarded here I know who the first winner should be......

Thanks Pal 'O Mine!! :):D:)

post-4301-0-85538600-1311032334_thumb.jpg

post-4301-0-33911800-1311032342_thumb.jpg

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

That's just fantastic! How very generous of Carmine (he's a good poet too) :)

Welcome to the forum!

:) thank you Scott, and you sure took some awesome pictures of it!!!!:)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Congrats, Scott on the great addition! :wub:

And Kudos to Carmine - One of the nicest guys here on the Forum. -_-;)

I'm not surprised at all that he would do something like this. B)

That's a beauty you sent to him!

Best Regards to both of you!,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

That's so great!!!!!:thumbsu:

A super nice bug from one super nice guy to another super nice guy!

I had the pleasure of receiving some goodies from Carmine earlier in the year or maybe it was late last year. He sent me all sorts of very cool corals and a puzzling trilobite cranidium.

Dan

Awesome! Carmine is a great guy both on the forum and in person. I hope to collect with him again this fall (once it cools down some). :)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Scott.... Great aquisition and very generous Carmine... Thanks for sharing your find with us...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Now that's an exquisite Fossil, I stand in awe of Carmine's generosity. A beautiful addition to Scott's fantastic collection! Thanks for showing and taking wonderful photos Scott - and of course, thank you Carmine for finding such a superb fossil in the first place.

Joe

Kind regards,

Joe

Thank you sharing this wonderful fossil. It seems a bit more prepration might expose more features.

you all are so kind to say - I only try to live up to the fine example of sharing that Scott and so many other people teach here...:)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

you all are so kind to say - I only try to live up to the fine example of sharing that Scott and so many other people teach here...:)

It seems that we are lucky to have a good number of warm-hearted and generous persons active here in the forum and also in the field. Carmine, your example is one of many that I've had the pleasure to experience, either directly or indirectly since I joined this forum. It's a balm to experience such friendliness and positivity in a society where its members seem to be becoming more bent on the criticism of their neighbor rather than trying to discover his better side.

I also had the pleasure of meeting some of our members during my sojourn in Canada last summer and I do hope to have the opportunity to get to know more of you in person.

Best wishes, Roger

Edited by Ludwigia

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Today an amazing package showed up at my front door courtesy of Carmine (Xonenine). Months ago Carmine informed me of his intention to find a terrific trilobite for me. I requested (insisted :o:P ) on a few occasions that I would prefer that he keep anything special for himself as I certainly have plenty of trilobites after many years of collecting. Well suffice it to say that Carmine is rather stubborn (in a nice way!) and absolutely ignored those requests by sending me his best ever find from his hunt last week. It varies a bit from the typical Greenops boothi with slightly more elongate pygidial spines so it will be a lot of fun deciding how to finally label it. There is little more that I can add other than to say this is the nicest gift I have ever received and well beyond the intrinsic value of the fossil itself. If there is ever a MOTY honor awarded here I know who the first winner should be......

Thanks Pal 'O Mine!! :):D:)

post-4301-0-85538600-1311032334_thumb.jpg

post-4301-0-33911800-1311032342_thumb.jpg

Fantastic :wub::sword:

At first congratulations to you, Scott, for the fine acquisition. You worth it. :rolleyes::goodjob:

And secondly double congratulations to Carmine for his generosity (wich doesn't amaze me having learnt enough about his character) on one hand and on the other hand for his hunting improvement lately (wich is really amazing).Meg%20Dance.gif :bow:

Astrinos P. Damianakis

ideally, it will be an undescribed greenops, so we can call it Greenops m********, for Scott.:)

ideally, it will be an undescribed greenops, so we can call it Greenops m********, for Scott.:)

:notfair:shake%20head.gif

Greenops Scottensis - Carminensis :Bananasaur:

To know what we are talking about :D

Astrinos P. Damianakis

:o :o :o:D :D :D:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

that. is an amazing find carmine!!! :o especially when it's undescribed. perhaps the greenops is gonna be called Greenops mor****nensis? :D

another great addition to your collection scott!! :D keep the greenops in great care! ;)