Gore Va Bugs

Northern Neck Larry

Found these on another trip I went on in Gore, Va...after splitting some shale for an hour or so without any luck, the fella i went with took me to a slope where we eyeballed these little guys. Again I am not sure what they are he said they where balled up trilobites. Is that correct, well I know a couple are not so any info would be great.

post-6284-0-83326400-1311361491_thumb.jpg

Boy, that takes me back! Years ago I hunted at Gore a fair amount.

Back then, the trilobites were called Phacops rana, but they may have been assigned a new name since. I also see brachiopods and internal molds of gastropods; classic stuff from that Devonian deposit.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Looks like at least 1 Gastropod and one Brachiopod mixed in. :)

We would need clearer shots of both sides on most to make a proper ID's ;)

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Boy, that takes me back! Years ago I hunted at Gore a fair amount.

Back then, the trilobites were called Phacops rana, but they may have been assigned a new name since. I also see brachiopods and internal molds of gastropods; classic stuff from that Devonian deposit.

I understand on the bad pics guys...thanks for the info...I will post some clearer pics soon all those are from my cell phone my digital camera is acting up at the moment.

Larry