A Long Ago Crab Fossil Hunt!

RJB

Paleozoicfish stopped by for a visit yesterday and he went through many many many of my boxes of fossils. Thanks to him I found this absolute stunning double crab fossil that I found about 8 or 9 years ago. It amazes me the things Ive forgoten. This is a concretion from oregon, eocene, and is rather rare being that there are two orbitoplax crabs in the same rock. I just had to show everybody! Like all fossil crabs, they do have problems, but its easy to forgo those problems being its a Spectacular Double Specimen!!! WooooooooooHooooooooooo!!!!!

RB

post-171-0-46929100-1311880252_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-46775900-1311880294_thumb.jpg

hide the childrens... :o :o

Ha! thats funny. but hey ole buddy, i put aside a very interesting crab to show you, but now I cant find where I put it? The first thing I thought when i saw it was that your the guy to ask. i will have to go and try to find it AGAIN!! Amazing how fast I can lose things!!!

RB

One of the coolest fossils I've ever seen!

I need a crab in my collection, they're awesome! Good job!!!

That is an impressive find. I would SO love to find a crab fossil. It is easy to imagine that this may well have been a male crab staking his claim to a female just before she was able to molt her hard shell. I find living crabs like this all the time. What a great fossil. Thanks for sharing it.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Stunning fossil, RB :wub::o Your enthousiasm is justifiable...

Two superb finds... The first kept in an unknown place and the second completely forgotten...:wacko::blink:

Who knows what else your crates hide :unsure:

....Just saying :)

Astrinos P. Damianakis

• 2 weeks later...

What a cool find! I probably need to dig through my piles. I may have a closet treasure somewhere (unlikely as cool though!)

Jon

"Silence is Golden, but duct tape is Silver."