Uk Gifts From Jurassic Joe

piranha

Yesterday a fantastic assortment of fossils arrived courtesy of Joe (Fossily99). A while back I had just casually mentioned in a post that it would be nice to have a few representative UK Jurassic Coast ammonites, ichthyosaur-plesiosaur verts, etc., and quite unexpectedly Joe insisted on filling that niche for me. The localities are the Charmouth, Peterborough-Oxford Clay, Seatown and the croc scute is from the early Oligocene of Yarmouth. I especially like the robust plesiosaur vert and the larger Dactylioceras commune from Whitby were personally prepped by Joe using an Airpen CP9361. They are all labeled precisely and will have a special place in my collection always.

Absolutely Chuffed - Thanks Joe! :D

post-4301-0-57033600-1313520921_thumb.jpg

post-4301-0-25835400-1313520928_thumb.jpg

post-4301-0-71530100-1313520935_thumb.jpg

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

"Chuffed"? I dare say!

Generosity begets same :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for the kind words Guys! What Scott has failed to mention though, is that he insisted upon sending something in return, which no doubt will be beautiful. Glad you like the fossils, and many thanks! :)

Joe

Kind regards,

Joe