What Do You Think Of My Ebay Guide On Dinosaur Teeth?

Paleoworld-101

Well dinosaur teeth have always been a favorite of mine, so i decided to share my knowledge and write a lengthy guide about the topic on ebay, covering areas such as- types of dinosaur teeth available, price estimate of teeth based on quality, species and size (worth checking out), fake fossil dinosaur teeth and also how to avoid fakes. I'd say 90% of the information was entirely my knowledge (including all the price estimates for 12 different types of dinosaur teeth on the market).

Here is the link- http://reviews.ebay.com.au/Buying-Fossil-Dinosaur-Teeth-What-You-Should-Know_W0QQugidZ10000000052928415

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

That's just what I was looking for. Thank you very much for writing it.

Although I will add that I don't exactly fall into any of your categories. Considering I have been interested in fossils for 3 days, I'd consider myself a "beginner," however my first purchase will be a t-rex tooth. But other than that, I like it. Maybe you could add some links to pictures of the dinosaurs.

Edited by MarkS

Thanks for the praise everyone! MarkS i should call you a "dedicated beginner" then- someone who is new to fossils but willing to spend high prices almost immediately :)

Oh and thanks for the typo correction Gizmo.

Edited by Paleoworld-101

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

Well dinosaur teeth have always been a favorite of mine, so i decided to share my knowledge and write a lengthy guide about the topic on ebay, covering areas such as- types of dinosaur teeth available, price estimate of teeth based on quality, species and size (worth checking out), fake fossil dinosaur teeth and also how to avoid fakes. I'd say 90% of the information was entirely my knowledge (including all the price estimates for 12 different types of dinosaur teeth on the market).

Here is the link- http://reviews.ebay.com.au/Buying-Fossil-Dinosaur-Teeth-What-You-Should-Know_W0QQugidZ10000000052928415

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Great work Paleoworld!

That is a really well written guide.

I remember spending a long time searching for a guide to dinosaur teeth unsuccessfully a few years back and have learnt everything I know from google.[/size]

Interesting topic for those collecting teeth on ebay as to what what price you would expect to pay.

Here is a chalange for you and any other. What would you expect to pay for the tooth in my avitar as I have never seen one for sale in any condition.

It is a 120mm or 5 inch long Kronosaurus Queenslandicus. I am currious as to what the market would pay even though it will ever be for sale.

took me ten years to find a Kronosarus tooth and it is on permanent display at the museum near where it was found where it will stay.

Interesting topic for those collecting teeth on ebay as to what what price you would expect to pay.

Here is a chalange for you and any other. What would you expect to pay for the tooth in my avitar as I have never seen one for sale in any condition.

It is a 120mm or 5 inch long Kronosaurus Queenslandicus. I am currious as to what the market would pay even though it will ever be for sale.

took me ten years to find a Kronosarus tooth and it is on permanent display at the museum near where it was found where it will stay.

Wow that is a huge and fantastic tooth! I've wanted to go to Richmond and find my own vertebrate fossils for some time (down in Sydney i'm stuck with small brachiopods...sigh). I've definitely never seen a Kronosaurus tooth for sale, and at 5 inches...wow. As a rough guess i would say it's value is about $1000 or maybe more.

Edited by Paleoworld-101

• 1 month later...

Just thought i'd add that i have recently updated the guide- pictures of teeth have been added and so has a list of places to buy quality fossils from. Including notable Ebay sellers.

• 2 months later...

Great guide. Great information for everyone. Two thumbs up!!!

Bulldozers and dirt Bulldozers and dirt
behind the trailer, my desert
Them red clay piles are heaven on earth
I get my rocks off, bulldozers and dirt

Patterson Hood; Drive-By Truckers

image.png.0c956e87cee523facebb6947cb34e842.png May 2016  MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png.b42a25e3438348310ba19ce6852f50c1.png May 2012 IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png.1721b8912c45105152ac70b0ae8303c3.png.2b6263683ee32421d97e7fa481bd418a.pngAug 2013, May 2016, Apr 2020 VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png.af5065d0585e85f4accd8b291bf0cc2e.png.72a83362710033c9bdc8510be7454b66.png.9171036128e7f95de57b6a0f03c491da.png Oct 2022

• 1 month later...

Chalenge accepted! I would bet that to the right buyer you would be able to get 5k for it (based on prices for a similar sized Simolestes Vorax tooth) with the rarity of kronosaurus 5k could be a massive underestimate.

I have only ever seen 1 in a private collection and it was only a partial and was nowhere near the quality of yours.

What an amazing write-up! If I could rep you, I would!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Thank you for this great guide! It really helped me out looking for my first dino tooth. I started out with a 4-inch Spinosaurus tooth from the Kem Kem Beds, and I plan to re-read your guide when I look for the next one to add to the collection.