Big Project Done

erik m

Hello,

I did start a big project some time ago and now it is done.

The project was to buy from a good fossil collectig frind a replyca jaw with Isurus Escheri teeth fond here in the Netherlands.

It took him many years to collect all the teeth to get it complete.

In time I wil give this jaw to a museum so it wil be there for all pepole to see it and also the name of the artist that did make it (Jaap Roos)it is a master piece.

I wil post a few photo's and hope you all like it.

Greetings Erik

post-4937-80166_thumb.jpg

Absolutely museum-worthy! :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Erik:

It's good to see your project is now complete. The jaw is certainly something special.

FS

This must have taken many hours of dedicated labor to complete. Very impressive! Could you tell us the measurements?

This must have taken many hours of dedicated labor to complete. Very impressive! Could you tell us the measurements?

The large teeth are over 2 inch and the jaw is arond 20 inch high and 24 inch wide

That is absolutely incredible. It is an amazing masterpiece worthy of the finest collection or museum. That took a heck of a lot ot sticktoitativness.:bow:

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

That is amazing! A lot of work and research...well done!

Hey Erik, I commented on a photo in your gallery before I saw this post. This piece is amazing and must have took a long time to find the teeth and put together. Congratulations!

DO, or do not. There is no try.

That really is something to be proud of. The pics were done very well also

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Hi All,

I see that you all like this verry good jaw and I wil let Jaap know that your comments are all verry positive.

Greetings Erik

post-4937-0-30550200-1314560890_thumb.jpg

Hey, how could I miss this post! This jaw is absolutely amazing and unique. As others have said, worthy of the finest collections out there. I hope I can see this one day in person, when it is displayed in a museum!

Congrats!

Hey, how could I miss this post! This jaw is absolutely amazing and unique. As others have said, worthy of the finest collections out there. I hope I can see this one day in person, when it is displayed in a museum!

Congrats!

Iff you ever are in the Netherlands let me know and you are welkome to see and hold it in your hands.

Greetings Erik.

(how ever from this forum is in the netherlands can do so)