Something To Do When Not Hunting

Ol' Fossil Frank

Spoke with my friend in Arcadia today, Peace River and surrounding creeks are very high. Decided to buy a new shovel to replace my old one with rotted wood handle, build a new floating sceeen and put together other equipment to be ready when the water level goes down. Here are the pictures of the new screen.

PVC thin wall 3/4 inch pipe, 2-18 inches, 2-24 inches, 4 elbows, glue, hardware cloth, screws, noodles, duct tape, rope,wire ties, hand tools and 2.5 hours.

post-6624-0-90126600-1314483779_thumb.jpg

post-6624-0-98083900-1314484078_thumb.jpg

In the Old Days, B.P.N. (before pool noodles), screens were a bit more...cumbersome. :P

Looks like you're all set!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

After 15 yrs of collecting, believe it or not, I actually look forward to a brief respite during the winter to give my back some time to heal from all the digging/sifting I do all year long. I look forward to about one month worth of trying to get caught up on sorting and storing of my finds from all the previous months. I usually have a large accumulation of paper plates full of teeth from different locations and many trips. After I get all the teeth sorted and put away, then I bring out some micro material from various locaitons and start going through it, one teaspoon full at a time. I usually do this for an hour or two each night. It's neat because although I'm not hunting at one of my favorite beaches, I'm hunting all the same by searching through the micro material spread out over a large sheet of white paper. After a month or so of this, I'm ready to hit the beaches again.

Daryl.

Spoke with my friend in Arcadia today, Peace River and surrounding creeks are very high. Decided to buy a new shovel to replace my old one with rotted wood handle, build a new floating sceeen and put together other equipment to be ready when the water level goes down. Here are the pictures of the new screen.

PVC thin wall 3/4 inch pipe, 2-18 inches, 2-24 inches, 4 elbows, glue, hardware cloth, screws, noodles, duct tape, rope,wire ties, hand tools and 2.5 hours.

Nicely done, I would have made sure those ZIP tie clips were placed elsewhere. Looks like every time you run your forearm across the top of the screen you'll get jabbed. Those little ends are brutal.

Nicely done, I would have made sure those ZIP tie clips were placed elsewhere. Looks like every time you run your forearm across the top of the screen you'll get jabbed. Those little ends are brutal.

Thank you...was able to turn them down to the wire...good call....

Frank,

That is a very nice screen. I wonder if it could take the load of the dirt I put on them. For some stupid reason, I always overfill them and kill my back in the process.

Bobby

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

Frank,

That is a very nice screen. I wonder if it could take the load of the dirt I put on them. For some stupid reason, I always overfill them and kill my back in the process.

Bobby

That is my main worry, after having built this one I think 16X16 may be a better size...just waiting to test it out....