Anyone Else Dream About Fossils?

NelsonFL

I'm not proud to admit it, but I do occasionally dream about fossils.

I had one a few weeks ago where I was about to hop down into a creek, but then someone in a uniform told me the creek was closed and I had to leave. Creeks don't close!?! I could see like a 9" meg in the water!! I think I was about to shank the guy in the liver, but then I woke up...in a really bad mood.

The other was last night. There was some holes being dug outside where I worked. At the bottom of the hole where big weird shark teeth, perfect arrowheads, and huge mammal teeth. No one got shanked this time, gooooood dream.

So am I the only one or should I see a doctor? Or maybe I'm not the only one and we should still all see a doctor.

many times my friend, many times :) I think it happens most often at the end of winter when Im really getting antsy about the start of the hunting season

Not only do I dream about them...but many nights I have trouble getting to sleep because I am thinking over my next hunt excursion! It is an addiction.

no, i always dream about giant paleopredators chasing me and trying to collect my teeth and bones and such. but then i whip around with a pump-up sprayer full of vinac in acetone and let 'em have it and they freeze in their tracks, polymerized into passivity. then i put them on online auctions and order another lambo with custom rims spoked with meg teeth, just to make tj jealous...

So am I the only one or should I see a doctor? Or maybe I'm not the only one and we should still all see a doctor.

I think we should all see a doctor :( I dream about digging for fossil quite often. Especially during marathon digging. Dig for 8 hour, eat dinner and look for shark teeth in my salad ( good thing I have never found one :blink: ) sleep and dream about digging for 7 or 8 hours. As long as my actual digging finds are as great as my dreaming ones I'm happy!

Haha, I've had a recurring dream, though not recently, where I'm wandering alone through hills of gravel pulling impossibly large foot-long shark teeth and bones of all variety out of the ground. It's always the worst feeling waking up.

no, i always dream about giant paleopredators chasing me and trying to collect my teeth and bones and such. but then i whip around with a pump-up sprayer full of vinac in acetone and let 'em have it and they freeze in their tracks, polymerized into passivity. then i put them on online auctions and order another lambo with custom rims spoked with meg teeth, just to make tj jealous...

I truly think that this is the best response I've ever heard to any question....

Yes I do dream about fossils but the voices in my head tell me that it is alright.:o

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

I do, and the things i find would blow your mind :startle:

post-1182-0-42671200-1314756828_thumb.gif

Edited by Dave pom Allen

I have to admit I frequently dream about collecting, usually in some remote and beautiful location. Most of the time I dream about finding places to collect fossils. I enjoy the hunt as much or more than I enjoy the finding and the posession, so I guess that is why I have that dream.

Hi,

A night, I dreamed that I was at table, and that I was going to eat a soup with sea urchins Scutella (which look like sand dollars)...

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Yes! Every so often I do...

... one time I found a fossil bird feather!

... another time I was opening a fossil package! (which was going to arrive soon! :D )

I often dream about finding great fossils at a site I have just collected. A pocket of crinoids at a Cinci cut, a hadrosaur jaw at Big Brook or maybe a complete mosasaur here in texas. Sort of what-if dreams. Unfortunately they all fall into the realm of being frustrating and not fulfilling.

After diving, if I take a nap and remember it, it is almost always of me swimming along scanning the bottom for teeth.

It's always that Titanis walleri skull for me! I'm also fully aware that I'm dreaming throughout any dreams like that, but I'm still going "Oooooh, man...don't wake up!"

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

OH yes i do to! and my wife says i'm mad...!

my best one: i was flying and landed on a little road. I looked at the side of this road it was full of complete crinoids Jimbacrinus style here Crawforsville style there I was enjoying this soooo much ouuuhhououououou!!

WHEN MY SILLY DOG JUMPED ON MY BED !!!!

and a many other i'mm too excited to sleep the night before a fossiltrip....

Edited by David

OH yes i do to! and my wife says i'm mad...!

my best one: i was flying and landed on a little road. I looked at the side of this road it was full of complete crinoids Jimbacrinus style here Crawforsville style there I was enjoying this soooo much ouuuhhououououou!!

WHEN MY SILLY DOG JUMPED ON MY BED !!!!

and a many other i'mm too excited to sleep the night before a fossiltrip....

Yeah, with crinoids usually some big quarry with huge slabs of ordovician crinoids that are so cool, and I am loading them up and then I wake up, argh!!blink.gifblink.gif