Summerville,sc

dalmanites14

Hey guys

Heard that the Saw Mill Branch creek has a rule that claims that you may not use a shovel, rake, trowel or any other tool. :(

But I was wondering if you can go in a pair of rubber boots and search for fossils with just your hands.

If this is still not allowed please inform me.

Thanks

Dalmanites14

As long as you don't have a tool, you can walk the ditches. Or atleast this is my understanding. I have yet to get in trouble. However, if you venture off the main ditch into private property or follow any of the side smaller ditches that run into yards, you may be asked to leave. Hope you find some nice goodies.

Jason

As long as you don't have a tool, you can walk the ditches. Or atleast this is my understanding. I have yet to get in trouble. However, if you venture off the main ditch into private property or follow any of the side smaller ditches that run into yards, you may be asked to leave. Hope you find some nice goodies.

Jason

that just about it in a nut shell

i agree with both guys. but if you mean looking with your hands but digging into the sand/gravel with your hands they may still say something. looking with boots on and just picking up fossils that are exposed shouldn't be a problem.

they definitely have a problem with any kind of "digging" with any tool.

Today's the day!

Mel Fisher

You could always call the Summerville Department of Public Works at City Hall and ask them for more specifics, but I think so long as your not digging or using any tools of any kind you're ok.

Daryl.