Denver 2011

old dead things

After three weeks of digging fish in Kemmerer, I am home to get ready for the Denver Show. Old Dead Things will be at the Coliseum, but we will be up stairs this year. (September 14-18) I'll bring my camera and we'll take pictures of forum members that stop and visit at our table. Hope to see a lot of you at the show. :)

Jim

Old Dead Things

The only thing I dislike about this show is that I have to drive in downtown Denver :wacko: In just a few minutes I'll be driving south. It will be great to see those of you that stop by our booth at the Coliseum. Even if you don't see us, get out and check out the other venues, it is a good show. :)

Jim

Old Dead Things

I was there Sunday and hit the Colosseum, the Merchant Mart and the Holiday Inn. Unfortunately, most of the vendors at the Holiday Inn were packing up to leave by noon. Kind of a drag. I did see a partial Bison priscus skull and core for only $30.00 at the Colosseum and I was sorely tempted, but it was on the first stop and I kept looking for better (didn't find it). We didn't go back. Probably should have.

There was a complete Bison skull cap with horns being sold as Bison occidentalis, too. It may have been, but it also may have been a female Bison antiquus, so I stayed away. That's the problem with Bison...so much overlap.

There was a complete Bison skull cap with horns being sold as Bison occidentalis, too. It may have been, but it also may have been a female Bison antiquus, so I stayed away. That's the problem with Bison...so much overlap.

My problem is I have to actually sit down with all my books/papers and a skull in hand because I don't have it all memorized. I do know that I have Holocene bison skulls (probably not more than 300 years old) that are much larger than some of the stuff being sold as occidentalis, crassicornis and antiquus. Maybe some day I will photocopy all the sketches/drawings/photos and put text summaries by them so I can carry around one little pamphlet.

...Maybe some day I will photocopy all the sketches/drawings/photos and put text summaries by them so I can carry around one little pamphlet.

Wait for the iphone app... ;)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I didn't go this year. Can anyone post photos or give a written report?

The Trinity Minerals web site said the show was down on attendance and sales.

Our sales were up and we had plenty of traffic at the Coliseum. I posted some members pictures in another thread, I believe was title "TFF members pictures"

Sorry no pictures of fossils or rocks, I really was too busy to really take the time to do much browsing.

Jim

Old Dead Things