Persistence Pays Off

LeeCreek2thHntr

So today my dad and I went to Onslow Quarry for the first time. We were walking face down picking up lots of worn but pretty, OK teeth. About an hour in, I took a break, and my dad walks right in front of me and picks up a 1 1/8" Ric. :o:angry: :angry: <_< Unhappily, I was was trying to find something that would up his tooth. Three hours later without finding anything great, on the brink of quitting, there it was! A 2 3/4" Ric! :P:D :jig: I got him back! Anyways, it was a lot of fun and I'll definitely do it again.

The haul

post-2320-0-74049400-1317425009_thumb.jpg

Nice one! So's his, for that matter :) .

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow, awesome teeth, congrats. That little posterior is still sweet, even though its smaller. The detail and color on it are outstanding! You did well!

DO, or do not. There is no try.

Nice one! So's his, for that matter :) .

Yes his is very nice too. I won't admit it too him though! ^_^

Wow, awesome teeth, congrats. That little posterior is still sweet, even though its smaller. The detail and color on it are outstanding! You did well!

Thanks Mike!

Those teeth you have in baggies though, any chance we could see those. I think I see Makos, Great Whites, Some sort of Sand tigers maybe, or possibly other species. Any interesting smaller ones?

Thanks for posting, I was curious as to what you guys were going to find. You definitely found some good pleistocene mammal reprisentatives as well. Ive never seen so much mammal material in one place as I have seen in that quarry, its amazing.

Those teeth you have in baggies though, any chance we could see those. I think I see Makos, Great Whites, Some sort of Sand tigers maybe, or possibly other species. Any interesting smaller ones?

Thanks for posting, I was curious as to what you guys were going to find. You definitely found some good pleistocene mammal reprisentatives as well. Ive never seen so much mammal material in one place as I have seen in that quarry, its amazing.

Here are the pics you requested.

2 Makos (1st Patho) & GW

post-2320-0-83453400-1317435106_thumb.jpg

The Pleistocene mammal representation is amazing!

Hey, thanks for the second round of pics! That bull shark tooth is huge! And that Praecursor is fantastic! You definitely got some good Ecene representatitives.

Nice haul. You found more than I did when I went there. I found almost nothing but worn teeth. I did find a decent ric tha was nearly 3" along with a nice horse tooth.

Hey, thanks for the second round of pics! That bull shark tooth is huge! And that Praecursor is fantastic! You definitely got some good Ecene representatitives.

Thanks Mike. I was happy with that Bull.

Nice haul. You found more than I did when I went there. I found almost nothing but worn teeth. I did find a decent ric tha was nearly 3" along with a nice horse tooth.

Most of teeth I found were worn too but had pretty colors.