Lubricants For Air Scribe Units

drhemlock

I finally have gotten my air scribe of course it did not come as a kit (got it off the bay) i searched some on the Internet for instructions to no avail see photo... does anyone know where i can get instructions for this as i need to know what lubricant to use with it and it would be nice to know in case i need to to put it back together again after maintenance.

thanks

doc

post-5735-0-09371100-1318454370_thumb.jpg

for years i have been using sewing machine oil, squirting a few drops in the quick disconnect at the upstream end of the hose with every few hours of use. it will form a film inside the hose and gradually migrate to the scribe at a seemingly controlled rate. no noticeable problems thus far. enjoy your new toy....you'll wonder how you ever had patience for those silly dremel electric engravers!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

for years i have been using sewing machine oil, squirting a few drops in the quick disconnect at the upstream end of the hose with every few hours of use. it will form a film inside the hose and gradually migrate to the scribe at a seemingly controlled rate. no noticeable problems thus far. enjoy your new toy....you'll wonder how you ever had patience for those silly dremel electric engravers!

me to as i find in-line oilers unreliable at times.

Like Dan, I put a few drop of lubricating oil at the quick connect. I use a pneumatic tool lubricating oil. Be careful not too use too much oil as it will spit out at the scribe end onto your fossil.

crinus

Edited by crinus