Nothin' Could Be Finer......

Taffie

...than fossilin' in Carolina! Another great day in the ditch, Dorchester County, Chandler Bridge. Does it get too cold to go hunting? I've only started this summer and I'm hoping the cold weather will keep me home so I can get some work done. These days are too beautiful to stay home. I found a little tooth that I've not seen before, I'm going to post it on the id forum. Very anxious to find out what kind it is. At first I thought it was a Angustiden then I noticed it had no serrations. Posting a pic of the finds and one of the little tooth.

post-6966-0-00647900-1319131132_thumb.jpg

post-6966-0-95313300-1319131151_thumb.jpg

No, I fossil in the creek all year long. Never too cold if dressed properly.

Looks like my housework doesn't stand a chance then.

looks like its worn including the root. is it possible the serrations are just worn? try running a fingernail along the edge to feel maybe they are minute serrations still there.it almoist looks like very fine serrattions in the photo.

Today's the day!

Mel Fisher

I would agree with the mako id. Take a look at some of the mako Erik has recently posted with side cusps.

looks like its worn including the root. is it possible the serrations are just worn? try running a fingernail along the edge to feel maybe they are minute serrations still there.it almoist looks like very fine serrattions in the photo.

Took another look at tooth with a magnifying glass. The edges are paper thin with a few nicks but no sign of serration. Thanks for the input.

some great finds!!! Im going out to get my cold weather gear tomorrow, cant imagine taking off for the winter :)

some great finds!!! Im going out to get my cold weather gear tomorrow, cant imagine taking off for the winter :)

Not cold here yet, but it won't be long. I'm going to have to get me some cold weather gear.

With those cusps, I would have to say retroflexus as well. Nice tooth.

Thanks so much for your help.