Yet Another New Guy

Flagponds Pirate

Hi all. Well to get started I live in Calvert County, Maryland. Huntingtown to be exact. Im an amateur fossil hunter, I hunt mostly where I work during the summer (Flag Ponds Nature Park). Its a good place to find Miocene shark teeth and some other miocene critters. Im up in University of Maryland, so Im not gonna be doing much active fossil hunting till summer starts again. My prized fossils are a snake vertebrae and a tip of a crocodile tooth, both found at my work. I dont know of many other places to go fossil hunting around my area so most (if not all) of the stuff I find will be from the Calvert Cliffs formation. My work was also what got me interested in fossil hunting, mostly because when I had nothing to do, I wandered our small beach. Im mostly interested in fossilized reptile bones, but I have mostly shark teeth and ray bars, stone crab claws, and one porpoise tooth and one dolphin tooth(both are really small). I guess Im lucky to live where I am because my county has many resources when it comes to fossils. The Calvert Marine Museum is 20 minutes from my house and they have people who are willing to help me identify fossils that I cant identify(and theres alot I cant identify, those guys have patience). Well, theres my introduction, I look forward to interacting with this community and broadening my collection and knowledge.

• 1 month later...
Guest bmorefossil

nice to meet someone else from maryland i usually go to a section of cliff just south of breezy point, we take our boat down and take it to the spot. It has been great to me and has made me very happy.