"after The Rain" Cretaceous Marine Fossil Hunt 11/8/11 (Field Pics)

surfergirlatx

Hi,

Looks like a great locality for the ichnotaxa.

I just wanted to toss in my opinion on your unknown rock from under the cliff.

I agree that its most likely a plate of Thalassinoides, an ichnotaxa created when a patch of seafloor is collonized by shrimp. These patches are often preserved by turbidites, or underwater landslides, that cover the whole colony. We have patches of Thalassinoides near my house up here in Northern California, in the Cretaceous by Crescent City.

Just my 2 cents.

Nice finds.

Nice finds as usual and what a great place to hunt....

Thanks so much Terry!!!

"The road to success is always under construction." Author Unknown.

Hi,

Looks like a great locality for the ichnotaxa.

I just wanted to toss in my opinion on your unknown rock from under the cliff.

I agree that its most likely a plate of Thalassinoides, an ichnotaxa created when a patch of seafloor is collonized by shrimp. These patches are often preserved by turbidites, or underwater landslides, that cover the whole colony. We have patches of Thalassinoides near my house up here in Northern California, in the Cretaceous by Crescent City.

Just my 2 cents.

Nice finds.

Thank you for your comment Interpaleo, I appreciate it greatly. It is very helpful! Thanks again for your assistance :)

Kim

That's a great story and finds. I admire your passion and dedication to our hobby! Your are in a great and diverse fossil state and not far from great Trilobites in OK so I hope you take a chance and expand your fossil horizons because finding new types of fossils is an exciting feeling!

Take Care,

FFK

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

That's a great story and finds. I admire your passion and dedication to our hobby! Your are in a great and diverse fossil state and not far from great Trilobites in OK so I hope you take a chance and expand your fossil horizons because finding new types of fossils is an exciting feeling!

Take Care,

FFK

Thanks FFK :) - I have recently been hunting a new site a little bit more north, not OK north, but north central texas. It sure has been fun and will continue to be! Thanks so much for taking the time to read my post :)

Kim

Edited by surfergirlatx