Fossilized Bird Beak From Gmr?

John Hamilton

Every time I look at this object I see a sea gull beak. I'm sure it is probably nothing but I have posted some pics for comment.

post-6248-0-19633900-1320941768_thumb.jpg

post-6248-0-75661700-1320941770_thumb.jpg

post-6248-0-19198200-1320941773_thumb.jpg

post-6248-0-47848800-1320941774_thumb.jpg

post-6248-0-03010400-1320941776_thumb.jpg

post-6248-0-72241900-1320941777_thumb.jpg

Hello John,

I don't believe it is a bird beak. It is too solid for a beak. (to me) I think it is just something that has a general resemblance to a beak.

Bobby

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

John,

If you want a real laugh, (at my expense) go back to some of my earliest postings. two in particular are "Possible Egg" and "Ancient Fire Remains" then for a continued laugh just follow my regularly occuring, routine replys. Known to make a few wrong guesses. For me though, I don't mind being wrong. In other words, I am not going to shy away from putting my thoughts out on the Forum for everyone to read because sometimes I get something right and for those times that I don't, I won't drop the post till I learned as much as I can. I have never made a wrong guess that it wasn't worth being wrong. You are going to find that the Forum has some incredibly fossil minded/educated members who really enjoy sharing knowledge with others. The help that you can get on here is amazing. The feedback and comments I receive are the sole reason for my wanting to post pictures and thoughts.

Bobby

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

Birds' beaks are very complex structures; not solid at all.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for all the responses. I didn't think it was a beak but it just has that look. Any ideas what it might actually be? Is it a steinkern? It doesn't have the same texture or appearance as any of the worn bone fragments I collected in the same area.