Foot Print From

shakinchevy2008

The footprint in the 1st picture is one that we found here in Cape Breton.If someone would look at the 2nd picture they are exactly the same, at first I could not figure why the heel of the foot was higher than the front.Well under the camera to figure it out!!!Totaly in my amazement, it's the print of another footprint,but of the size of a child...Hard for most of you to say

yaaa...yaaa...just a concretion.I have the full pieces that make the rock it came from.. on windows media player and zoom in one can even see the little pieces of rocks,to the point One can see the blades of grass for someone might take I'm sorry to say I'm fine.

I also put a picture of footprints in the snow..you can see someone walked there and it shows a footprint,one can see the ripples in the snow, as you will find in the ones in my gallery...at some point you get sediments that are stronger than others.The one I have was done on a softer soil,which means when walked on the soil it pressed the soil together.It's to simple to describe..as the snow drift tells you the weakest will grind away as the picture from Tanzania,the soil in the footprint was the weakest

One of the hominid footprints, preserved in 3.7-million-year-old volcanic ash, that suggested the upright, bipedal, free-striding gait of modern man.Now here is the site you can go and compare. naturesnews.com/news/2008/080109/full/451118a.html

I don't take credit for the snow prints or the footprint from Tanzania I just needed them to explain this awesome planet we live on!!!!

post-2374-0-30387600-1321160110_thumb.png

post-2374-0-89726400-1321160120_thumb.png

post-2374-0-84412000-1321160140_thumb.jpg

Im not convinced that its an ichonofossil.

PUBLICATIONS

Dallas Paleontology Society Occasional Papers Vol. 9 2011

"Pennsylvanian Stratigraphy and Paleoecology of Outcrops in Jacksboro, Texas"

Author

Texas Paleontology Society Feb, 2011

"Index Fossils and You" A primer on how to utilize fossils to assist in relative age dating strata"

Author

Quotes

"Beer, Bacon, and Bivalves!"

"Say NO to illegal fossil buying / selling"

"They belong in a museum."

Education

Associates of Science - 2011

Bachelors of Science (Geology & Biology) - 2012 est.

This idea was visited a couple years ago: LINK

I doubt you'll find any supporting opinions here now; may I suggest you take it to a paleontologist to examine in person?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

NOT exactly the same...the poor slob in the first pic has a heck of a bunion goin' there...maybe from walking through all that volcanic ash :P

Now, I can see what you are saying, with the child's print (heel) going almost perpendicular in direction over the adult's heel. To continue, I would also say the adult (maybe the child too) was wearing moccasins tied on with some kind of strapping (leather) since you can see those linear, raised impressions, one running diagonally under the arch (upper left to lower right) and the other one running across the lower ball of the foot (just below the bunion). The wrinkles in the leather are plain. On either side of the first strap mentioned, you can also see the texture (pours) of the leather. Just get a hammer and a chisel and clear away all that junk to the right of the arch, above the child's foot, so we can clearly see the rest of the right side of the foot. Should pop right off, by looking at that layering. Might was well clear off the rest of the front of the child's foot too. Should pop right off.

it kind of looks like a load cast.

The snow prints are amazing.

Edited by Missourian

Context is critical.