Turning Over A New Leaf

piranha

Recently after running out of display space for fossils it became necessary to get creative. The solution is a 6 foot tall outdoor metal plant stand which is perfectly appropriate and re-purposed now an indoor fossil plant stand. I always enjoy seeing the variety of unique collection displays posted at TFF and thought this might be a nice alternative to the typical glass or wood shelving units. :D

post-4301-0-46250800-1321217452_thumb.jpg

post-4301-0-72373800-1321217462_thumb.jpg

post-4301-0-19188900-1321217471_thumb.jpg

post-4301-0-42772800-1321217482_thumb.jpg

post-4301-0-80344700-1321217491_thumb.jpg

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

I like that large plate on the bottom. Plant fossils on a plant stand, works great. I think you may have a confussed snail on the top shelf :unsure::P

Bob

Very nice Scott and great 'symmetrical ' display of part & counterparts...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Thanks guys and gal for all of the nice comments. I have to say the decision to use the outdoor stand indoors worked out great and very happy with the result. No Mammoth tooth Thomas but Bob already ruined the contest I was going to have for the only non-plant fossil displayed... JK :P

Thanks guys and gal for all of the nice comments. I have to say the decision to use the outdoor stand indoors worked out great and very happy with the result. No Mammoth tooth Thomas but Bob already ruined the contest I was going to have for the only non-plant fossil displayed... JK :P

Oppps, HaHa you got me for a minute :o LOl

Fascinating creation, Scott :o

You have built a new section of your own museum up :Bananasaur:

These natural paintings are charming to the eyes :wub:

Astrinos P. Damianakis

Scott,

A very visually appealing presentation! :wub::D

Outstanding display!

Congratulations on a practical yet artistic use of the plant stand!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

You are going to need another metal stand. I just mailed off 67 pounds of leaves to you!!! ;) Not only that, but I think your mailman is not going to be very happy. :startle:

Edited by chele

Chelebele

yes Scott, awesome display - shelf 3 w the flowers is particularly pleasing! :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

• 4 weeks later...

Good idea... Hope it is earthquake-secure!

I spotted that snail right away, too.. looks like a real gem (among others), where is it from?

Good idea... Hope it is earthquake-secure!

I spotted that snail right away, too.. looks like a real gem (among others), where is it from?

Sheesh Eric... I thought you were a worrier when you were trying to scare me about pyrite rot on my Arctinurus! :P

Hmmm... the last time I checked, Vancouver Island is one of the most seismically active regions in Canada. blink.gif

VI is an accretionary wedge of the North American plate and forms a section of the Pacific Ring of Fire. ohmy.gif

Your volcanic rock is all that remains of the subducted Kula oceanic plate that disappeared 55 Mya. wacko.gif

Central Oregon pales in comparison but thanks for looking out ... BTW ... what's next for me? unsure.gif

Wasn't trying to scare you, I just care about your fossils! Aren't I nice?

I don't know exactly where in E OR you are but I'm not all that close to the plate boundary either, and in any case I dont have my best fossils perched that precariously ;) Just hope you've got that thing secured - if it's anything like here it could get bumped by some klutz while trying to move something else, and... CRASH

I am slowly becoming addicted to fossil leaves, and this sort of thing doesn't help! I love that plate on the top, and the stand looks quite nice for the job.