Fish Skull Piece?

Taffie

I wish I could help you on this one but I would simply be guessing but I have to compliment you on great clear, detailed, well lit pictures with a proper size reference as well as detailed information of where it was found. Members trying to help love this attention to detail.

Bobby

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

Taffie, I don't believe this is a sea robin skull plate. I does look kind of like something I found at North Myrtle Beach this summer. This was Identified as I believe a puffer fish jaw bone. If I can find the photo I will post it.

Taffie, this is a searobin skull plate. The brown skull plate is the only one I have found that was complete. Most arre broken at the narrow point. The picture of the fish is the searobin.

post-7064-0-05826500-1321334284.jpg

post-7064-0-52671500-1321334390_thumb.jpg

post-7064-0-79614900-1321334418_thumb.jpg

post-7064-0-36389800-1321334492.gif

The jaw bone I thought was a puffer fish was IDed as a Drum jaw bone. My memory is not as good as it use to be.

I wish I could help you on this one but I would simply be guessing but I have to compliment you on great clear, detailed, well lit pictures with a proper size reference as well as detailed information of where it was found. Members trying to help love this attention to detail.

Bobby

Thanks Bobby.

Taffie, this is a searobin skull plate. The brown skull plate is the only one I have found that was complete. Most arre broken at the narrow point. The picture of the fish is the searobin.

Thanks Gray Ghost, I appreciate all your effort to help.