Turtle Or Nut

terriW

post-7393-0-14650400-1321963722_thumb.jpgpost-7393-0-32364800-1321963858_thumb.jpg

a friend gave this to me, says she found a whole pile of them many MANY years ago but has long since given most of them all away...i have no idea where she found them as she used to travel around when her health allowed....once we looked closer it sure has the details of a little turtle shell...

I agree - internal mold of a brachiopod. :)

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Hello TerriW,

It looks to me like a carabener with a fossil sitting on top of it but I could be wrong. Just kidding but I did want to say that the racoon in your avatar picture is awesome. Makes me think of Rascal. If by chance you haven't read the book by the same name, you should.

Bobby

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

i knew some crackpot could ID the carbiner!!! lol!

we raised 2 baby coon this summer...what a trip! mayhem one minute, pure love and snuggles the next! they decided it was time to go off into the big world a few weeks ago..we had 'the talk'...trapping season was due to open in a few days so warned them to be carefull on their big adventure AND to look both ways before they cross the road! hopefully they dont return in a few months with 2 litters or we're in big trouble! at first we thought they were 2 males but as they developed...oops! 2 girls..one sorta grumpy at times, the other a love-bug....

here is one of the videos we shot of them playing with our dog...many other vids there too...enjoy!

I think everyone should live with a wild critter once in their life. When I was young and stupid, I killed a lot of woodchucks for no reason other then they were there. One day I was givin a baby prairie dog that I named octane for obvious reasons. He was the coolest, cleanest, and the sweetest little friend I ever had. After he passed away I never looked at a woodchuck again as a target and I felt ashamed for what I have done. We share this world with animals both past and present that we think we know. Its not until we take the time and open our eyes that we really get to know and love them for who they are, a sentient being with a real personality and feelings.

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png