Awesome Fossils From Piranha

chele

Piranha was one of the winners of the leaf grab bag contest. He had sent me an assortment of leaf fossils from Oregon along with some shells. They are awesome! :o I was so excited that I wanted to share them with you. I had taken only a few photos and my battery went dead. :angry: So I will add more of the leaves a little later. It is very generous of you Scott to share part of your collection with me. Thank you for such nice gifts. :meg dance:

post-5476-0-43592200-1322344431_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-49345100-1322344444_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-16528500-1322344459_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-97671000-1322344471_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-12817500-1322344505_thumb.jpg

Chelebele

Hello Chele,by this way,i made indirectly my little tribute to the leaf grab bag contest :) (my poor english didn't enable me to take part directly but i was stunned by your generosity) happy that you like the shells!

Nice ones Chele (/Scott/Gery)... Isnt trading fun?? What is that last one?

Are these shells from the area around Paris, Gery, if you are still tuned in? I know a guy from that area who is now a member of our Paleo Soc. and he has an extensive collection of Eocene shells from that area.

Hello,Wrangellian,la chapelle en serval is in the area around Paris,i was lucky to collect in this site few years ago,you are right trading is fun! :P

Thanks nala, That guy had some impressive snails from that area.. some longer than a rock hammer! I think he said the collecting in those days was much better (easier) than it is now... as tends to be the case everywhere I guess.

"some longer than a rock hammer!"are the famous campanile giganteum,not found in La Chapelle en Serval ,but in other site unfortunately not known by me and many are no more accessible now(i only heard that you have to dig a big hole in the sandy ground in order to find good specimens)if you have the treasure map :) but a lot are just false :blink: