My Growing Tooth Collection

chele

Here are a few of my shark teeth I have traded with from TFF members. There are quite a few that a few very generous members donated. I have a couple of hundred more that are in little baggies that have tags identifying each tooth that are not pictured. I want to photograph them but I am worried that I would put teeth back in the wrong bags. Once settled in Jordan and I have my light box I will take photos of all of them. I would like to thank all that have traded/donated. Sharkbyte, Vordigen, Lordpiney, Darwin Ahoy, Sharklover and Fossilselachian. You guys made me very happy! :Bananasaur: I am also very happy that all enjoyed my fossils/paintings that I had traded. Many have siad they want to trade more in the future and I am looking forward to it. I have a lot of micro teeth from Darwin Ahoy that are awesome! He also sent a little baggie of matrix so I could search for them myself. Blaine and I had a blast searching through the mix. We found 15 tiny, tiny teeth! One of them I think is a sawfish blade with tiny teeth. It is amazing how detailed the little things are. I wish I could find some shark teeth here, but sigh...I cannot. Hopefully Jordan will surprise me! :D

post-5476-0-72802300-1324581218_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-12856000-1324581252_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-40140500-1324581275_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-65875000-1324581292_thumb.jpg

Edited by chele

Chelebele

You're doing great!

...One of them I think is a sawfish blade with tiny teeth...

From your description, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a stingray stinger barb.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hello Chele,

You now have a great start to an awesome shark tooth collection. You have a great variety of species represented and some with amazing colors. I love them all but I especially like the Cow Shark teeth. Repost this picture when you have a great big Tyranosaurus Rex tooth that you are going to find to place beside them. Knowing your luck though, when you pick the T Rex tooth up it will be attached to a whole mouth full of others to go with it. I can;t wait to see what great new finds you discover next.

Bobby

Edited by Sharkbyte

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

Here are some close up photos.

I am so pleased tasting the nice feelings your bold description liberates to a lot of directions. It's one of the reasons this place is great :wub:

Happy Holidays :)

Astrinos P. Damianakis