M A P S Fossil Show

Indy

MAPS Fossil Show

logo.JPG

MAPS "Promo" website: Click Here or on the picture

The annual MAPS Fossil Show starts March 30, 2012. However, many will arrive

a number of days before the show opens to enjoy the "Jump Start Show".

Edited by Indy

Flash from the Past (Show Us Your Fossils)
MAPS Fossil Show

I wish I could make it, that is opening weekend of our newest business. I may have more time later in the year...I hope.

Troy Nelson

Hmmm.... wonder if I can get time off enough to go to the show and collect along the way. :zzzzscratchchin:

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Road Trip!!! Oh, snarge, I can't. Dang the necessity of work.

Not sure I could spare the space for a passenger anyways! I plan to haul a lot of fossils back. :)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Not sure I could spare the space for a passenger anyways! I plan to haul a lot of fossils back. :)

Oh, I'd want my truck since it would carry way more fossils/rocks then your Prius... and my passenger seat is already taken.

• 2 months later...

For the first time in almost 20 years ...

I will not be attending the show, due to family obligations.

Those attending the show this year...

Please take some pictures to share with the membership.

:pic:

Flash from the Past (Show Us Your Fossils)
MAPS Fossil Show

For the first time in almost 20 years ...

I will not be attending the show, due to family obligations.

Those attending the show this year...

Please take some pictures to share with the membership.

Will miss seeing you there Barry, will try to get a few shots!

russ

I will be there :) Any one willing to drive a few miles away there is a great lil hotel in Roseville, IL. The lil old lady that runs it makes it like a B&B almost!

I will be there, too! I have been at the last 10 MAPS shows, and I always find something interesting.

Can't wait!

Only one week left! The unique thing about this show is that it's ONLY fossils. No gems, no minerals, no artifacts, just fossils and fossil related items. Here's a couple pictures from last years show:

Floor Shot

post-3840-0-78356000-1332511767_thumb.jpg

Our table (mmm, ripe olives)

post-3840-0-48817800-1332511774_thumb.jpgpost-3840-0-49052900-1332511781_thumb.jpg

Display case

post-3840-0-79139300-1332511788_thumb.jpg

What's that bum with the grey hair doing at your table?

That's just some drifter who passes by every year. Always seems to make off with all our money too ;) .

I went there twice in the mid-90's. They were fun shows and I met a few people I had been trading with including fossilselachian. Angus Stydens was there at least one of the shows too. I can't go this year again so I hope someone who does go gives us a detailed report afterward.

I'll be there on Saturday. I missed last year, so I'm itching for Friday to come quickly. It's about an 8 hour drive for me, but totally worth it.

I will be there :) Any one willing to drive a few miles away there is a great lil hotel in Roseville, IL. The lil old lady that runs it makes it like a B&B almost!

I always stay at the Pineapple Inn thats in the town of Macomb. Its a real nice B&B and their prices are very reasonable and you get a fantastic breakfast in the am.

Have fun!

mikey

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png