Hoorahh! My First Kansas Trilobites From Topeka Hash

st41lion

So I took the family to Topeka hwy24 and 4 intersection this morning. We arrived at 1030 and we were able to stay until 330. We found any amazing corals and brachiopods, but no trilobites. Then at the last minute I decided to run over across the road to a ledge where it appared not many people have been. I was only able to spend 20 minutes there but I came away with 2 trilos for sure ad maybe a third. The first is just the tail and half the size of my pinky nail , but boy was I excited. Then I found another that is only partially exposed and the rest is buried in the matrix. Who knows I may get lucky and it's a whole one. After washing the rock at homeI found what might be a third one also buried in the matrix. Now I gotta figure out how to get him out. Anyways thanks so much for all the members help. I am so happy you dont even know! Anyways I will get pics uploaded as soon as I can. Thanks a million! John

P.S. I am defenitely going to spend a day on that ledge the next time I get a chance, What a rush! :D:P:o

Awesome!

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

Awesome!

X2

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

Way to go; I'm real happy for you!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Congratulations! :)

Nothing quite like finding your first trilo!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Congratulations!

Way to be persistent. Have you tried to figure out the strata they were in? It could help in finding more in other areas.

Steve

I will post pics as soon as I find the camera. It got lost in the car. No, I am not sure of the strata yet ,but they were only in one particular type of rock towards the top.

Congratulations! That's really awesome. Looking forward to pictures. I almost stopped there yesterday on my way back from Salina but it was getting kind of late. That place is pretty cool.

Good for you!

Edited by missingdigits