Updated Shark Display...

Marine Bio

Well, I can't tell a lot about the quality of your collection because of the lighting issues with the pictures but one dosen't necessarily need to see the quality to know that it is there. It is obvious that you have a very nice collection by the pride that shows in all the pains you have taken to provide informational tags with each display piece. I really like that personal touch. Great job.

Bobby

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

I agree. It is pleasant to see many teeth, each shielded from the dust in boxes, and with labels for each.

Just a question : with what do you stick your teeth at the bottom of boxes ?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Great display, I know it is very hard to show each tooth but would love some closeups of a few of the best.

Thanks Bobby. Yeah, sorry about the poor quality pics, I had to compress the pictures and I'm no photographer in the first place!

Hi Coco! I loathe to do it but its the best I can come up with, I stick the teeth down with some re-useable white tack, kind of like blue tack but doesn't stain. And yeah I have a thing for havings labelled. . . .

Meticulously organized; very impressive!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Its obvious from the photos that you have waaaaay too many Meg teeth; fortunately I can help you by letting you mail me one ( :D:P Just kidding -awesome display!)

Love the display. Quite the showcase.

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

I'd like to see a closeup of the angustidens or auriculatus (can't tell) on next to top shelf all the way on right.

That's a great display. You have a variety of teeth along with a nice hybodont fin spine and a vertebra to show the various types of shark fossils. Placing smaller teeth in mini-displays of their own, each with its label, and then arranging them in rows is a good idea. The "Shark Toob" models are good visual aids. Kaiyodo made a couple of limited-edition paleo-sharks as well (Cladoselache and Xenacanthus).

If you're like other shark tooth collectors, your collection will grow to the point that you will have one or two levels of the case devoted to a certain genus or species that became your favorite or maybe one level representing the sharks of a particular geologic time unit. You will reach a point twenty years later where you have boxes of teeth and you're not sure if you should create a display of the best teeth or one giving an idea of shark diversity over a certain stretch of time. In other words, you're going to need a bigger case.

I would also like to know what some of the smaller teeth are as well - what the labels say. I try to label all my stuff too.

Jess

Thanks Bobby. Yeah, sorry about the poor quality pics, I had to compress the pictures and I'm no photographer in the first place!

Hi Coco! I loathe to do it but its the best I can come up with, I stick the teeth down with some re-useable white tack, kind of like blue tack but doesn't stain. And yeah I have a thing for havings labelled. . . .

• 2 weeks later...