Miocene Of Weitendorf Austria,black Mortality Plates

nala

Thanks Coco,yes there are two Conus Mercati,you should like this web site about Actual Conus

http://www.coneshell...ndex.html#whats,i didn't find the same decorative tracks.

Amazing gastros, Gery, and especially the cones! :o This is the first time I see decorations like the ones on these two guys!!! :drool: Have you seen something alike before???

Astrinos P. Damianakis

I forgotten to reply to you Gery. Sure I like this website ! Thumbs%20Up.gif

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Thanks Fossil Foilist,and Coco,it is true astrinos,not usual to see tracks of decorations,i saw before few pictures from a Pliocene Italian Conus from San Gimignano,i think the matrix in the Austrian Miocene site is really not common.

I have to add my voice to comment on the attractiveness of these and the color patterns that jumped out at me too. Such varied and dense assemblages!

Do you know what stage of the Miocene these are from?

Hello Wrangellian ,Thanks for the comment :) the detection of Diloma (Paroxystele) orientalis, a species which according to Schulz in 1971, is characteristic of the Badenien .

Badenien is a geological time period of the Miocene in Europe.. The term is used for the sediments in the time interval from 16,5 ago to before 13.3 million in the entire northern area of the old European Mediterranean(Paratethys, Vortiefe of the alps from Switzerland to the Aral Sea).

Edited by nala