What's One Of Your Favorite Lee Creek Teeth?

cowsharks

Considering the mine is closed for yet another season, I found myself rummaging through some of my Lee Creek material looking for something when I came across the tooth in the pic below. I came across an awesome 3.5" C. chubutensis that I acquired some years ago from a fellow collector. I've never seen a chub from Lee Creek quite like this one. This one has a shape and jagged cusps more like an Auriculatus. I love the tan crown and white root. Not sure what formation it is from (Pungo or Yorktown?), but either way it's a really unique tooth.

If you have any pics handy of one of your favorite Lee Creek teeth I'd be curious to see it.

Daryl.

post-2077-0-65667500-1327807404_thumb.jpg

Here are some of my self found Lee Creek favorites from the past two years:

Picture 1 - 1 3/4" Black Hemi (March, 2010)

Picture 2 - Small Mako as found inside the mine (April 2009)

Picture 3 - Hooked Thresher (May 2011)

Picture 4 - Chubutensis and two cool Makos (May 2010)

post-1099-0-23974800-1327813787_thumb.jpg

Here are some of my self found Lee Creek favorites from the past two years:

Picture 3 - Hooked Thresher (May 2011)

Jack, I luuuuv that little thresher. My husband would say it's been eating my cooking!

chubs would be on the top of the list I think, if I ever find one, yours is terrific! The alopias are rapidly becoming a big favorite for me tho... :)

Edited by xonenine

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Although I have a couple nice megs, makos and even a beni from Lee Creek they are not my favorites. My favorite tooth is this one.......

post-281-0-21776400-1328143424_thumb.jpg

A seal molar!

Although I have a couple nice megs, makos and even a beni from Lee Creek they are not my favorites. My favorite tooth is this one.......

A seal molar!

Obsessed1,

That is a crazy awesome tooth and if it was in my collection it would easily be my favorite Lee Creek tooth. It's funny how your favorite is a seal tooth and my favorite Lee Creek tooth is also a seal tooth. .

post-6069-0-80985600-1328146944_thumb.jpg

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

A seal molar!

Awesome seal molar! I wish they were that big from Calvert Cliffs.

Daryl.

Obsessed1,

That is a crazy awesome tooth and if it was in my collection it would easily be my favorite Lee Creek tooth. It's funny how your favorite is a seal tooth and my favorite Lee Creek tooth is also a seal tooth. .

And that's a "crazy awesome" seal canine! I have a couple but not as nice as that one. Definitely a trip maker for sure.

Daryl.

Considering the mine is closed for yet another season, I found myself rummaging through some of my Lee Creek material looking for something when I came across the tooth in the pic below. I came across an awesome 3.5" C. chubutensis that I acquired some years ago from a fellow collector. I've never seen a chub from Lee Creek quite like this one. This one has a shape and jagged cusps more like an Auriculatus. I love the tan crown and white root. Not sure what formation it is from (Pungo or Yorktown?), but either way it's a really unique tooth.

If you have any pics handy of one of your favorite Lee Creek teeth I'd be curious to see it.

Daryl.

That may be the most beautiful, incredible tooth I have ever seen out of Lee Creek.