New Fossil Spots On The Tar Not So Easy

Tarheel59

Yeah I was not sure what the bars if any looked like in earlier part of year. I can see them on maps but not sure when the image was taken but therfe are leaves on the trees so it has to be summer or very early fall. Jeff/Tarheel

Generally just sand bars with pea gravel.

Rick the question is did you find anything making a Tar hunt worth the time and effort. Any teeth or Pet wood, or other bone fossils??? I have seen a couple creek running into the Tar up around Shiloh area. It was on a search as having teeth and vert material. Just a matter of getting in there. But not sure what to expect to find . While invert material is cool I love the vert material more and worth the extra effort in getting to a place....

Nice haul, love the vert!!!

Thanks Vordigern, I love it anytime I can pull out any vert material and even better when they are this complete.... That and the GW made the trip worthwhile... Thanks Jeff/Tarheel

Rick the question is did you find anything making a Tar hunt worth the time and effort. Any teeth or Pet wood, or other bone fossils??? I have seen a couple creek running into the Tar up around Shiloh area. It was on a search as having teeth and vert material. Just a matter of getting in there. But not sure what to expect to find . While invert material is cool I love the vert material more and worth the extra effort in getting to a place....

Yes. Gotta know where to go ;)