Venice Feb 10Th Dive - Juevinille Mammoth And Megs

Megalodon_hunter

Diving the Boneyard in Venice from what I understand doesn’t happen much in Florida. The locals find the water to cold or the cold fronts simply make visibility null. Yet the fossil god’s were smiling megtooth grins this Friday. A good dive buddy and friend of mine put together a charter of some really diehard fossil hunters. We dove the boneyard and an “undisclosed location” that day.

I had an epic dive and found some really great finds. As you can see from the images below. Venice still has much to give the diver with a discerning eye and as an expert says “Dumb Luck”.

Juevilnille Mammoth Tooth

photo.jpg

4 Tank Dive Haul

photo1.jpg

"One of these day's I'm going to find a tooth over 3inches."

Looks like the water wasn't to cold after all... Thanks for sharing ... How deep and how long was your dive time ???

30-35ft.. Total Bottom time was 3hrs. 4-tank dive. Water temperature was 68 degrees. I was wearing a 7m..

Second time diving in Venice with some Fossil Forum folks.

I was glad to be able to dive as my back was killing me. I was sadly unable to make it to Peace River this weekend

with Peacefossil and Shellseeker. Ended up at a Fossil Auction which was really fun.

MY wife and i would like to make it to a fossil auction some day, speaking of the peace river we were down there in jan of this year what a beautiful river,we never got a chance to thank Shellseeker for great advice on the peace river... where to go and what and how to find teeth.. so if your reading this SHELLSEEKER THAK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP..... IF you can dive for that long you can go to Nome AK and dive for gold in the bearing sea..... :D P.S. we did get to take a walk on Venice beach found one small tooth...

@ISURUS - Yes diving with Aristkat charters. Best Charter in Venice.

@ISURUS - Yes diving with Aristkat charters. Best Charter in Venice.

I second this sentiment. You can't go wrong diving with Aristakat.

I've been having stress attacks due to no fossil hunting!!!!! I live in Tampa and would love to get a spontaneous trip set for this weekend! It's going to be 80 degrees out, water levels are low, clarity is high.....

Anyone want to hit the Peace or any where else?

"WILL DRIVE FOR FOSSILS!"

Love the Mammoth tooth,just remember to keep it in fresh water a while to remove the salts.Then dry good before treating.

Bear-dog.

Wonderful mammoth tooth. I'd love to find one of those one of these days. I'll have to keep your recommendation for Aristakat in mind.

Oh and that has to be the #1 most "creative" spelling of "juvenile" I have ever seen. There should be some sort of award for that.

Don

Diving opens up a whole new level of fossil hunting - great job and such a lucky find.

King of Snarge