Rocky Point Teeth

Fossil Foilist

I found these shark teeth in a creek in the rocky point, NC area. the other fossils I have found there are eocene period. I will be posting them later. any idea why the colors are the way they are on the shark teeth, what kinds of shark teeth?

Thanks,

post-7496-0-29692400-1329183989_thumb.jpg

post-7496-0-22696900-1329184024_thumb.jpg

Fossil Foilist
-----)----------------------

Ha ha, for a moment I misread and thought you said "Rocky Mount". I was like "WOW" I never heard of shark teeth from up there. But looks like a lot of reworked material, including sand tigers and such. Some are definitely not reworked though. Nice finds!

DO, or do not. There is no try.

Ok looking back through the picture, i also see crow shark, possibly cretolamna, and some others as well. Some of the reworked teeth are kind of hard to ID.

DO, or do not. There is no try.

Ok looking back through the picture, i also see crow shark, possibly cretolamna, and some others as well. Some of the reworked teeth are kind of hard to ID.

Yep, agree with MIke. Predominantly sand tigers with a mix of crow shark teeth and possibly cretalmana or serratalamna teeth. The colors come from the minerals i nthe sediment where they were buried.

Daryl.

That's a looooooot of teeth!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!