Hemis, A Horse, And A Dermal Tooth

Shellseeker

One of my best days on Thursday -- not in quantity, but more than made up with a few of my favorite fossils.

The hemis are some of the best I have found. The lower was stuck in a mass of mud, leaves, rotting wood , sand and a little gravel close to the bank. Seeing the blade, at first I thought it was a Mako, but even more pleased with the 1.55 inch hemi.

Then a nice lower horse that I think is an M3 rather than P2, although they look similar. I only have one other, not nearly in this shape, and finally a Ray dermal denticle.

Enjoy!!! SS

post-2220-0-84701900-1330108958_thumb.jpg

post-2220-0-07630000-1330109097_thumb.jpg

post-2220-0-80754500-1330109263_thumb.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

nice finds Shellseeker,love the Hemi, like the denticle also, are these Peace River finds?

Carmine :)

Edited by xonenine

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Nice stuff S2! Love the hemi's, found a few in VA when I lived there.... I'd give a non-essential body part to have access to a FL river for a year. Keep it up!

Joe...

(evolution ROCKS....)

Thanks for the responses. You are correct. I am blessed to live close to the Peace River and do all my searching between Arcadia and Paines Creek. It is like presents under the tree and an Easter egg hunt every time I go out. The Peace is beautiful now, a slow and meandering walk into the past.

These examples are pristine - and have been hiding close to the bank for who knows how long. I can't wait to get back. SS

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"