Point Hunting Ideas

feeshy1

Might anyone be able to to point me in the right direction for a place near dallas I might be able to do some point hunting ... I've had an itch to go but have no idea where....comon help a desperate fellow out please!

I've never been, but I heard several times that Post Oak Creek in Sherman is good for points and sharks teeth.

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

I found a few broken points and a lot of chips of chert today with the help of a friend in the heart of rockwall tx in about a 20 square yard area... Nothing beautiful but a productive day for me for only a couple hours work...just on the surface

Edited by feeshy1

Met an awesome teacher for this kind of thing ... And a joy to listen to as we hunted... With my sponge like ears it was an awesome day just for the wisdom I received... He was definitely old school material!!!!

Edited by feeshy1

These are the points of some sort which are broken that I found in rockwall county tx....maybe knife blade tips im not sure....along with lots of chips all in about a 15-20 square yard area on top of the ground....they're kinda roughly worked maybe discards

post-7911-0-79548900-1330362042_thumb.jpg

post-7911-0-37398100-1330362059_thumb.jpg

post-7911-0-60712500-1330362078_thumb.jpg

Points are in all creeks in the Dallas area.

I can't see them to save my life, but I have had many "Pointed out" in my foot prints.

I only have 1 good arrowhead and it is out of a creek in the middle of Carrollton.

you might find point hunters to be fairly tight lipped since good sites are hard to find, but if you are willing to drive, pay digs may be an option

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Just found those Saturday on my first time there so I'll def be going back... Anxious to find a whole one so maybe someone can help id it

Edited by feeshy1