Waco Pit Brach Plates Pics And Info?

trempie4

Hola All,

Thats a lot of P's in that title......!

I have yet another opportunity to hit the Waco Pit next week and when you come from where I come from it's a rare treat. I'm specifically interested in the brach plates I've seen on TFF at least one time but can no longer locate either the link or the photo.

I have a general sense of where to look thanks to an accommodating TFF member, but any additional info, or especially a link back to the pic I'm referencing if you might have seen it is appreciated.

Good fun to all!

TIA

Joe...

(evolution ROCKS....)

there is at least one Waco hash plate example here Joe, not sure if it's the one you're after LINK

Carmine :)

Edited by xonenine

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Thanks Carmine but that wasn't it. If I recall it was a thread sepcific to the Waco Pit but I have searched the forums, I thought I had bookmarked it as well but I can't find it either way. Maybe someone will know of which I speak!

Edited by trempie4

Joe...

(evolution ROCKS....)

The only common Brachiopod in that formation is Kingena wacoensis. It is a rather smooth, round form, nothing fancy. But I have never seen plates of them from the Waco Pit. My guess would be to look for the limestones around the slopes above the pit floor.

joe if you want slabs of ilymatogyra arietina oysters resembling rice krispie treats, i can put you on those in san antonio...up to 100 lbs...

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."