Going Back To Bennezette Anyone Interested?

Petrified

Considering the positive ID of the fossils found in this area is Devonian Im going back down to see if I can find me a trilo in that spot. So if anyone is interested in going to this spot with me let me know. The finds that were found there so far are in the post Unusual Carboniferous finds.

Definition of a fossil= Love at first site.

Just saw this post Jacob. The deposits we were looking in (by the school) were all terrestrial. Ferns, Lycopods etc. Trilo would be found in marine deposits. Possibly down at the second spot we went, by the tunnel. The first spot did have some cool plant stuff however. I'd be interested in coming up but it would have to be a two day trip. It's just to far to do that in one day again. You have to let me know about the camping scenario.

Theres a campground right by the area we were digging. But Id be worried to get trampled by Elk in the tent. Im going to do some scouting this week down in the Bennezette area and see what I can find. If anybody comes up for a weekend of the date we plan well hit numerous areas other than the one spot at Bennezette possibly travel upto NY also Hamburg that is.

Edited by Petrified

Yeah I try staying away from the roadside banks. Theres a really nice on down the road 10 miles from Bennezette but landslide is a great possibility of happening there. Theres also a sign there Falling Rocks so..... I go in the woods and find spots but not in state game lands for its illegal to dig there. I would say the best spots would be the creeks. Theres alot of spots with nice shale walls in the woods its just a matter of finding them. My sense of direction is very crappy so dont like going in to far. Hicks Run Rd is also a good spot to check out. Ive came across some big walls in the past fishing in Hicks Run. I wasnt looking for fossils at the time just fishing but Im sure they have some good stuff there.