Tampa Bay Fossil Show

Shellseeker

I went today and had a great time. All types of experts and all sorts of gorgeous fossils, and a lot if other stuff also.. 1) So I bought my spouse her birthday present (a couple of month early, but this will be her best present from me in years), 2) Met Megateeth who has fantastic Megs and Makos and other fossils from recent finds in dives in the rivers of Georgia -- He has a really nice Parotodus benedeni at a good price, but after talking about the unique aspects of zero visibility dives, I got enamored with a fantastic set of Makos and ended up purchasing 10 - a great deal compared to any other possible sources -- a big ShoutOut for Bill :goodjob: 3) I met many other possible partners, including Bob who owns 60 acres on the Peace River and goes fishing on restored Phosphate Mine lands, and Andrew who focuses on the stretch between the headwaters and Nocatee. Nothing like a Fossil show to find new opportunities!!! 4) Richard Hulbert was both a speaker and manning a table and he helped me get my Florida fossil permit in order for 2012, clarified a mistaken view of a mammoth tooth/TFF post and also sold us a number of scholarly pamphlets on 3 toed horses (3), Smilodon Gracilis and Pleistocene fossils in lower Alabama.

5) met a number of fossil friends and dealers from times past and saw a dead solid perfect upper Mako just under 3.5 inches -- real pretty..

All in all a very fun and productive day... SS

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Thanks for the report. That has to be the best club show I've ever been to. I've been able to attend that show maybe 3-4 times in the past ten years (last time was in 2010) and have always found great stuff at the show. Lowcountry Geologic always had a great booth along with a few other Tucson dealers and it was great to meet other dealers and collectors from the area. The club itself often had a few good books and magazine back issues for sale as well. I'm sorry I missed it again this year.

Glad to hear that the show is still going strong. It's been years since I've been there, but it's run by a great group of people.