Anyone Going Anywhere Saturday 4-7-2012

snakebite6769

I was checking if anyone planned on going anywhere in Iowa or Illinois and was looking for someone to share the adventure with. I am at the Iowa Illinois border, so I could go east or west, just looking for a good fossil hunting trip so I can post it on here. Thanks

what exactly can you find at Rockford Fossil Prairie Park? What can you find at Oskaloosa? Being as Im not from around here, the extra info is good

Edited by snakebite6769

Rockford Fossil Prairie Park is filled with Brachiopods, bivalves, corals and bryozoans. There is alot of rare faunas that are also found like a blastoid or some shark material. The brachiopod diversity is incredible. 10 common species.

Oskaloosa has some plant fossils that are ok and some mississippian fossils that are a mixed bag. Road cuts in eastern iowa are usually good and can have cephalopods especially around Graf IA and trilobites as well.

My Flickr Page of My Collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/79424101@N00/sets

Any recommendations on a specific area in Graf as I'm not far from there now.

Thanks for the info, I found 3 trilo fragments.a few really cool plant items and a lot of cephalopods. I'll post the pics here when I get home Sunday night.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/69105679@N02/. Here's some pictures from my trip to Graf Iowa. I found an interesting place along the way and decided to stop, man was I glad I did! I'm still trying to figure out attaching pics so for now linking my flickr photos is the best I can do. There is a few I'm unsure of, especially the larger ribbed one in my hand. It measures about 4"x8" just the ridged part.