Martin Marietta, Castle Hayne, Nc.

masonboro37

Regardless it is still cool, and we now have an idea of what it is. I had not seen tube worms before so I would not have guessed that, I went with familiar shape :D

Thanks for sharing, and updating.

Robert

Thanks Robert! I had never seen one using an echi as a host, so pretty interesting. :D

Libby

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

I may be wrong but I think your vert is a sawshark(sawfish) also, libby.

Hi, hmmm I will have to look back through my NC vertebrate field guide. Thank you for the info. I have a micro rostral sawfish tooth, I think. I had posteded it a while back with some other things. :)

Lbby

My 'puter is giving me the devil this morning, will re-post my comment:

Nice finds, nice pics, very nice report, bad fire ants! Thanks for sharing. I'm seeing a pattern with the forum members about posting trips. Many include terrain/site pictures along with their day's haul. I've got a couple trips coming up, will take site pics with my finds. You've inspired me! B)

Yep, it was a great adventure! Ant's not so much.....my toe has finally stopped festering from the bites. Look forward to seeing your trips and finds. Thank you for the comments. ;)

What age group is that quarry? Middle Cretaceous?

Don is correct, Eocene. As he stated there is an area of reworked Cretaceuos material. I did find a few teeth in the Cretaceus area. To me the marine Eocene area was the most exciting!