Crinoid Id Resources For Texas?

thair

I have recently obtained a copy of "Crinoids from the Upper Carboniferous and Permian strata in Texas, Moore & Plummer 1940". I found it thru an internet search and it is the best resource I have found so far for carboniferous/Penn crinoids. It is a publication from the University of Texas. I was wondering if any of yall have come accross similarly informative resources that I could search for by title or author maybe even more UT papers on this part of the world. I like the PDF files but the older paper is more my style of research.

I have recently obtained a copy of "Crinoids from the Upper Carboniferous and Permian strata in Texas, Moore & Plummer 1940". I found it thru an internet search and it is the best resource I have found so far for carboniferous/Penn crinoids. It is a publication from the University of Texas. I was wondering if any of yall have come accross similarly informative resources that I could search for by title or author maybe even more UT papers on this part of the world. I like the PDF files but the older paper is more my style of research.

I like the old paper as well. But printouts of old PDF files work as well. I don't have time tonight, but I will try in the near future to share the PDF links I've found--Brown, Coleman and Callahan counties, as well as the titles of the old papers I've purchased. I swap PDF links for free, and we can trade info on stuff that's not on the Internet.

Thanks I appreciate that. We still need to meet up sometime. I have been real busy with the grand kids last few weeks

Thair,

The best literature I have found on Texas crinoids is a series of papers by R.C. Moore, R.M. Jeffords and T.H. Miller and published by the University of Kansas Paleontological Institute in 1968. All three papers and a Supplement are published under one cover and I believe it is available on-line as a PDF and it is still available in hard cover from the University of Kansas Paleontological Institute.

One of the papers titled "Classification and Nomenclature of Fossil Crinoids Based on Studies of Dissociated Parts of Their Columns" can be used for ID'ing Texas Pennsylvanian crinoids from individual columnal pieces. Another paper titled "Morphological Features of Crinoid Columns", will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about crinoid columns, and I mean way more.

To get to the papers discussed follow this link. http://ipa.geo.ku.edu:591/PIDC/PC/FMPro?-db=Paleo%20Contributions&-lay=Layout%20%231&-format=index.html&-view

Or go to http://paleo.ku.edu/ then under publications click on "Paleo Contribitions". Then on that page scroll down to the near bottom of the page and click on "View available Publications"

This takes you to their "Paleontological Contributions Database" Enter "Echinodermata" in the Publication Title space and "1968" in the Publication Date space. Then hit "Start Search"

I hope all this helps.

Jim

The Eocene is my favorite

Thanks I appreciate that. We still need to meet up sometime. I have been real busy with the grand kids last few weeks

Me with the grand kids as well. Sometime soon. I have a lot of time in the summer--hopefully it won't be as hot as last year.

Thair,

The best literature I have found on Texas crinoids is a series of papers by R.C. Moore, R.M. Jeffords and T.H. Miller and published by the University of Kansas Paleontological Institute in 1968. All three papers and a Supplement are published under one cover and I believe it is available on-line as a PDF and it is still available in hard cover from the University of Kansas Paleontological Institute.

One of the papers titled "Classification and Nomenclature of Fossil Crinoids Based on Studies of Dissociated Parts of Their Columns" can be used for ID'ing Texas Pennsylvanian crinoids from individual columnal pieces. Another paper titled "Morphological Features of Crinoid Columns", will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about crinoid columns, and I mean way more.

To get to the papers discussed follow this link. http://ipa.geo.ku.ed...ndex.html&-view

Or go to http://paleo.ku.edu/ then under publications click on "Paleo Contribitions". Then on that page scroll down to the near bottom of the page and click on "View available Publications"

This takes you to their "Paleontological Contributions Database" Enter "Echinodermata" in the Publication Title space and "1968" in the Publication Date space. Then hit "Start Search"

I hope all this helps.

Jim

Thanks for the info i will look into that.

Thair,

To get to the papers discussed follow this link. http://ipa.geo.ku.ed...ndex.html&-view

I hope all this helps.

Jim

Jim--Thanks. Looks like a great resource.

Thair--Worth printing out, or shelling out 20 bucks for a printed copy. The supplement include detailed collection site data that might be helpful in scouting, albeit more than 50 years old. A number of the sites were in Brown County.

Sorry to be cheap but is the PDF avalible on line or do you pay the same for it?? I just did not see the option.

Sorry to be cheap but is the PDF avalible on line or do you pay the same for it?? I just did not see the option.

I had to Google the exact titles and then I got pdf links to the Kansas sites. http://kuscholarworks.ku.edu/dspace/bitstream/1808/3819/3/paleo.article.045op.pdf

That link is to the first one. If you Google the other two titles and the supplement title you will find the others.