Ignaberga, Scania In Sweden...country Of Belemnites

Dromiopsis

Hello,

Here a small movie on my hunt in Sweden last week.

In the quarry of Ignaberga(Cretaceous, upper Campanian), most of the fossils are belemnites(Belemnellocamax mammillatus, Goniotheutis quadrata, Belemnitella mucronata are the main genus), Mosasaurus can be find too....but I haven't seen one piece...

and my avatar picture come from this place, Crania craniolaris and the last picture, Isocrania egnabergensis(latin name of Ignaberga)

Enjoy

D

post-5175-0-52148700-1334157222_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-27494300-1334157233_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-42915500-1334157259_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Very cool to see the quarry and the fossils in perspective. Thank you for posting this!

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Fantastic! Love the Swedish weather even the cold winters, going to Sweden again this summer, but probably won't be going to this location. :(

Those Belemites are huge compared to the ones we find here locally in NC creek. Thanks for sharing.:) Love the in situ pics too. Jeff