April Fools Day Hunt Part Ii

Crinoid Queen

Hay guys Sorry haven't been n for the past few weeks had a tooth pulled and it got infected after MAPS!!! Was no fun. I was in bed pretty much for a week straight. I hate dentists. :( But any who I have been feeling better the last few days and so I finally was able to get started on the finds form the great Sunday trip after the show. So here are the first two. Need a little help with the little one. I am totally confused on it. The caylix almost looks Platycrinites-ish but the way the stem twist is so distinctly Camptocrinus?????

post-1179-0-01068100-1335074825_thumb.jpg

I am pretty sure this one is a Hypselocrinus hoveyi

post-1179-0-05967700-1335074823_thumb.jpg

What do you guys think they are?? Let me know please Hugs

-CQ

glad youre feeling better, I have no fondness for dentists either. As to your Crionoid ,very nice!!! Ive only been able to find stems, my first calyx still eludes me so I can only covet your beautiful specimens :)

OMG!!!!!!!!! Working on On the free 1/2 of part of the gionormouse slab that Crinus helped me break out and carry out. and Please tell me this is what I think it is?????? I only have the calix 1/2 don't the rest of the arms are still burred in the other half will have to break it out when it isn't 1 am lol

IS is an Aulocrinus bellus like this one

post-1179-0-21037300-1335419260_thumb.png

Before

post-1179-0-93446400-1335418731_thumb.jpg

Intermediate

post-1179-0-90889000-1335418716_thumb.jpg

I reallllly want it to be

-CQ

The first crinoid is a Camptocrinus. I agree that the second is a Hypselocrinus and after much debate we think that the last crinoid is an Aulocrinus. That should make you very happy.

crinus

after much debate we think that the last crinoid is an Aulocrinus. That should make you very happy.

crinus

:Bananasaur: Meg%20Dance.gif :Bananasaur: Meg%20Dance.gif :Bananasaur: Meg%20Dance.gif :Bananasaur: Meg%20Dance.gif :Bananasaur: Meg%20Dance.gif YAY ty for your help Crinus :D Taht is soo awesome. I didn't ever think I would find one of those beauties! It appears it will be in very nice shape when it is done too!! Jumping for joy!!!!!!!!!! Ty for helping me break that out TYSVM!!! HUGS!!!!

Edited by Crinoid Queen

Wow! Congratulations CQ on your awesome find!

Finding my way through life; one fossil at a time.