Time Display Finished

howard_l

I finely finished my Geologic time display and showed it last week at our local Gem and mineral show. I still need to tweak it a bit before I try taking it to schools. It consists of five boxes, The Precambrian at 1foot =1,000 million years, the lower Paleozoic, upper Paleozoic and Mesozoic at one foot = 50 million years and the Cenozoic at one foot = 20 million years. Friday of the show they let the local school kids attend the show so it got a good workout. I have lots of toys and pieces they can pick up and look at. I explained it was my time machine and we could go back in time to see what things looked like back then.

post-6251-0-92554600-1335919442_thumb.jpg

post-6251-0-63433300-1335919457_thumb.jpg

post-6251-0-89273800-1335919478_thumb.jpg

post-6251-0-02206600-1335919498_thumb.jpg

post-6251-0-17601500-1335919523_thumb.jpg

post-6251-0-02580500-1335919548_thumb.jpg

post-6251-0-71146900-1335919614_thumb.jpg

post-6251-0-53581300-1335919635_thumb.jpg

post-6251-0-55418300-1335919655_thumb.jpg

post-6251-0-54359600-1335919675_thumb.jpg

That is a wonderful display! I am sure everyone was captivated just as I am. Thanks for sharing.

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

What a terrific job. That is a great idea, thanks for sharing.

Robert
Southeast, MO

Great effort man! Definitely a showcase piece worthy of a museum.

Got bigger pics?

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

This is a major accomplishment; you should be proud! Three cheers! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

An amazing set of displays, you should be very pround of what you have put together..Would love to see some more detailed pictues...

Nicely done. Looks like it all fits in the car too. Do you feature a majority of Kentucky material?

That is an awesome display, and I'm sure many, many hours went into preparing it. Thanks for sharing! Jean

I'm no expert, but I have a lifetime of experience... :blink:

Wow, I would love to browse this display sometime! Keep us updated at this thread on any more shows you plan on doing! I would make a road trip to see it if it's not to far! :) Again, kudos on the great display! :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

Charles Darwin

Hey it looks more impressive than I had pictured when I read your ads looking for material! Looks like a lot of work went into it. Wish I could take it all in in person. This is kind of what I aspire to with my collection, though mine will be mostly in drawers.

Looks like you could use more Cretaceous brachs in your brach box..

Edited by Wrangellian

Wow Now thats a great way to share your collection. That had to take some serious time

to put together. You'll get many hours of enjoyment stimulating minds.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.