What Are You Prepping?

squalicorax

Nathan looks like that Crinoid will be a beauty.............

How does a Pteronodon wing sound?

Sounds awesome! What are its dimensions?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Yea, I found it out with Mike, as well as a swordfish skull. It's about 4-5ft long! There are also some claws with it!

This week was the first time this year that I've prepped anything. Getting back into the swing of things, starting with this small ammonite. I collected this ammonite back in February and have been waiting to prep it ever since. I'm not sure what species it is - it will become clearer once it is fully exposed. There's a good few hours of work left to do, but here's how it is shaping up...

This is before any preparation. I marked the rock so I knew where to prep:

post-4271-0-36085800-1339759869_thumb.jpg

This is with an hours preparation:

post-4271-0-49766500-1339759930_thumb.jpg

This is with two hours preparation:

post-4271-0-46530500-1339759964_thumb.jpg

Please excuse the poor photos, they were taken on an iPad.

Regards,

Joe

Kind regards,

Joe

Heres a part of one of my current projects. I acquired this matrix from a trade . It comes from France. i have two crinoids exposed and many more to prep out of this slab. This is the first time i have had any experience prepping crinoids and the matrix is a dream to work. I am using ME-9100 air scribe and my micro air abrasive . I am using dolomonite abrasive with a small amount of carbide which i dont recomend unless you have some time on an blaster ruining practice stuff distance and angles , distance and angles LOL. Once i get the top of the crinoids exposed i switch too bicarb. I was really surprised how loaded with crinoids this slab is, i have to work through about a half inch to get to most of them that are still buried. Finally a trade i was really excited about.

frenchcrinoidproject.jpg