You Just Never Know...

redbrick

Last weekend my wife and I took a trip to the Wellesboro area of Pennsylvania for our 17th anniversary. On Saturday we took a drive around the Grand Canyon area, just to see what was around. We stopped at a little gift shop along US route 6, just to nose around, and got to talking with the proprietor.

She noticed my Fossil Forum tshirt, and that led us in a whole new direction! While she had not heard of the frum, she immediately asked us if she could show us the fossils she and her husband had found in Florida, did we mind? Did we mind??!! Just try NOT to show us! (Well, me anyway. DW doesn't get into fossils like I do.) Anyway, she had a very nice spread of manatee ribs, gator scutes, a mastodon tooth frag, a gyptodont bony plate... and that's just what I remember! All in all, it was a very pleasant visit, and I bought a nice Calimene trilo, though i lost the info tag that came with it. <sigh>

We're going back to the area next week for a family trip, and I'm hoping to take the boys to her shop. All because of my forum shirt!

Andy (redbrick)

"All living things do one of two things. They either grow, or they die. When they stop growing, they immediately start dying. The mind is also a living thing."

Cool! "The shirt opens doors" :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Great story, Andy.

My smile for today.

Thanks for posting it.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me