fossil ID

kenoakee

im sure what you are looking at is the trace fossil of vertebrate in what im not sure though,its sorta like iron stone only not quite very interesting fossil ,glad i never chucked it like i i was going to at first glance,till i gave it a rinse with my drinking water ,which is expendable anyways .....right??

post-787-1222150888_thumb.jpg

One of the great charms of paleontology is that one never knows what will turn up where, or who will find it."

Peter Dodson

sorry i did'nt mention that this fossil is also from the d.p.f. in southern alberta

post-787-1222151076_thumb.jpg

One of the great charms of paleontology is that one never knows what will turn up where, or who will find it."

Peter Dodson

more

post-787-1222151168_thumb.jpg

Peter Dodson

sorry...each pic is over 1 mb

post-787-1222151313_thumb.jpg

Peter Dodson

post-787-1222151385_thumb.jpg

Peter Dodson

oops last post was a repeat

post-787-1222151788_thumb.jpg

Peter Dodson

post-787-1222151969_thumb.jpg

Peter Dodson

post-787-1222152064_thumb.jpg

Peter Dodson

post-787-1222152131_thumb.jpg

Peter Dodson

Peter Dodson

forgeting the pics now lol

post-787-1222152322_thumb.jpg

Peter Dodson

post-787-1222152378_thumb.jpg

Peter Dodson

post-787-1222152436_thumb.jpg

Peter Dodson

two more

post-787-1222152489_thumb.jpg

Peter Dodson

last one ............so any thoughts????

post-787-1222152576_thumb.jpg

Peter Dodson

A note for the sake of all members without high-speed connections:

Resize your images to no wider than 820 or so; giant images go unopened by those shackled with dial up. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Resize your images to no wider than 820 or so; giant images go unopened by those shackled with dial up. :)

i apoloigize for the big images sorta new at posting images i will work on remedying this for future posts

i have a couple pics of vertebra showing the pattern im refering to i will post later as i have to get ready for that four letter word WORK @$&&%#@%*

Peter Dodson

Hi Guy

From the pattern (X) on the vert's I would say they are Champsosaurs.

yes that is the kind of vert i mean ....but i'm pretty sure this is a trace fossil of one (an imprint of the original bone in some sort of deposit i.e. mud maybe even poop!! ...coprolite)but it could be a long shot!

Peter Dodson