Snatched This Up Off Of The Bay

drhemlock

i have been a member for a while and have been gathering the tools of the trade so to speak the last set of major tools i was nedding were some sieves i came across the attached at such a good price i had to get the set what do you think worth the 100.00 that i spent. i have an airscribe and a blaster and various pin vises armed with old phonograph needles of various sizes now i can start i even made a box.

doc

post-5735-0-48185400-1340577023_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-54218600-1340577071_thumb.jpg

That's a great price for a standard sieve series!

Now that you are poised for action, I can look forward to your progress reports :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Fantastic....I wish I could find deals like that LOL.

Some how I always end up finding out about the stuff too late.

Robert
Southeast, MO

now to get my hands Dirty? Wet? whatever the saying go as a newbie i have a steep learning curve but what doesn't now a days. wish me luck.

doc

Good luck, Doc!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice set, good price. I averaged about $25 per sieve plus shipping when I bought mine, so I think you got a fair price. I use mine all the time, couldn't do without them.

Looks like a great deal to me, I'm just sorry I didn't see them first. :P

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

What are those used for?

You use them to sift your abrasive materials to get them into a more uniform size.

Robert
Southeast, MO

wow great price, Ive been wanting a set for years but the best Ive seen is $35 each

Awesome find.............I think I would use them on gold panning too,expecially dry panning...........

Not exactly the same stuff but will work for my needs at this time.

I picked mine up just a bit cheaper from the same place but I just got this set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-in-PRO-SIEVE-3-set-53-120-250-Stackable-Mesh-Screen-Harvest-Zooplankton-/160706814503?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256adf6227

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-in-PRO-SIEVE-3-set-CULTURE-LARVAE-FISH-FRY-rotifer-/150576359967?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230f0cea1f

The 250 I doubt I will use but the 53 and 120 work great. I think I got my set for about $54

You can get them in 4" or 6" I picked up the 6".

Robert
Southeast, MO

• 3 weeks later...

The set that Doc bought is a standard ASTM certified soil gradation set, solid brass frames and brass mesh, a very good deal.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks