Texas Fossils

steve71

horse tooth,half a sloth tooth, mammoth bones, mammoth tusk piece and some enamel from a mammoth tooth.piece of a mastadon toooth.little sloth tusk piece,turtle pieces.piece of a jaw from a mammoth or mastadon.thats what i found today.tusk piece is from a section of tusk that i found a few months back now its almost whole.i didnt find any flint artifacts but i'll guess these will do.

horse tooth,half a sloth tooth, mammoth bones, mammoth tusk piece and some enamel from a mammoth tooth.piece of a mastadon toooth.little sloth tusk piece,turtle pieces.piece of a jaw from a mammoth or mastadon.thats what i found today.tusk piece is from a section of tusk that i found a few months back now its almost whole.i didnt find any flint artifacts but i'll guess these will do.

post-152-0-00710200-1342220151_thumb.jpg

Steve, Those are pretty neat..lots of variety! Are those all surface finds just laying around to be picked up?? Pulling them out of a creek in the same general proximity? Many moons ago I saw some pickins like that and the guys ended up finding most of a mammoth in a creekbed nearby.......parts were just slowly weathering out over time...bulk of the animal was still hidden in the side of a creekbed!

Thanks for sharing. Regards, Chris

Steve, Those are pretty neat..lots of variety! Are those all surface finds just laying around to be picked up?? Pulling them out of a creek in the same general proximity? Many moons ago I saw some pickins like that and the guys ended up finding most of a mammoth in a creekbed nearby.......parts were just slowly weathering out over time...bulk of the animal was still hidden in the side of a creekbed!

Thanks for sharing. Regards, Chris

yes surface finds and we need lots of high tide or lots of rain to wash out any bones

well........is this the best you can do? ^_^ Where's the T-Rex skeletons man? :D

no....really awesome. I'm jealous! Is this riverbed findings?

yes surface finds and we need lots of high tide or lots of rain to wash out any bones

High tide? are these beach finds?

well........is this the best you can do? ^_^ Where's the T-Rex skeletons man? :D

no....really awesome. I'm jealous! Is this riverbed findings?

not to many t rex's in south texas,beach finds

I would say you had a very nice trip, great finds, thank you for sharing them with us.