Poc Vert

BobWill

I know verts from sharks and other fish have been found at Post Oak Creek but not by me and my first was not huge or perfect but will be remembered because I thought I lost it. I came home bragging about the "find of the day" as described by the most knowledgable amoung the small group in Sherman Saturday. My wife must have seen the horror on my face when I realized it wasn't with the teeth and usual trinkets from POC becaused she really gave a shout when she spotted it in the bottom of the washing machine Sunday. Sorry about the pictures...no sun today and it's a dark fossil.

post-4419-0-66437000-1342394684_thumb.jpg post-4419-0-44648100-1342394694_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I just found a couple of horse tooth fragments in the washer recently. I don't think that's recommended prep work. Nice vert though.

That looks like a nice vert. Much larger than any I find.

Maybe running them through the washing machine is a new way to prep. I don't know if I'll try it though.

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

I have found various verts there and some are rather pretty good sized. Nice find...I just found one a week or so ago as well.

As far as the washer goes...I'm always finding stuff in mine, from teeth to trilos lol.

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!