Aurora Fossil Museum Spoils

Trevor

Hello everyone, I was wonder what to look for in Aurora spoils. I know what the ray plates & teeth, sea urchin spikes, crocodile & baracuda teeth are, and all sharks teeth except for the really small ones are. I went there about three weeks ago, so the stuff is kind of old.

Any pictures of anything else would be great! :)

Edited by Survivor

: )

if you plan on making a trip all the way up from nj to the current spoils......thats not smart. The piles are like 2 month's old and this years spoils were not good. And bring material home with you when you leave the piles and look for micros

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

Hello zachj, I went three weeks ago and brought stuff home. Now i need to know what to look for and how to look for the stuff in my bucket.

Hi Go to the Aurora Fossil Museum Web page and then the ID link and you will see a lot of what you can find in the spoils you took home. Next time you get down to NC I would like for you to come and see my collection in Greenvill,NC. I have around 100,000 fossils in it and most are from Aurora. Enjoy your spoils. George

Hello powelli1, when I went to Aurora I also went to Greenville and found some good stuff. I will go and look on the website and identify things. Also, how do you look through the material? I have a big sifter with a plastic bin under it and then take that stuff in the bin and sift through it with smaller holes. I am sorry, but I am not going to Greenville in awile, but if I do I will contact you.

Hi Give me a call and I can give you more info on how & what to do with the spoil stuff. Sorry I missed you when you were in Greenville. My # is 252-756-8039, after 9am up to 9pm. Take Care George

to look through the spoils first use a 1/4 screen and let the smaller stuff fall in the bin. Then with the ben dirt put it through a 1/16 inch screen or a window screen and search for micros.

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

Okay Zachj, I will do just that. I will also gently hose it in my smallest screen so it is easier to see.

Thank you for the info :)

Hey, I'm new to the area and would love to go with you guys in Greenville when you go the next time. I do not have any screens or equipment. I would like to go with someone and see how it is done and how to look.

Hi Give me a call and I can give you more info on how & what to do with the spoil stuff. Sorry I missed you when you were in Greenville. My # is XXX-XXX-XXXX, after 9am up to 9pm. Take Care George

Oh dude! That is nice that you gave out your phone # but you know you can PM it and keep it off the internet, you can edit your post if you want.