Last Move.....southern Cal

FossilForKids

I am relocating to Southern California from Arizona. I'll be in Oxnard. I have no digging knowledge south of Bakersfield so I would love to learn more about the opportunties. Obviously I will try to get a few digs in at Bakersfield because it's such a special place for me but I am looking forward to new areas. Jess.....Marcel if you have any ideas I'm all ears ;-) Also I will be going back to the Utah Triassic Ammonite site next may and certainly be willing to meet up with some hard core ammo collectors.

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

John,

Your best bet is Bakersfield. A lot of great site in southern CA are now under asphalt or buildings. You can try joining the Southern California Paleo Society. They go on field trips almost every month. You should check out the next Costa Mesa show too - might meet other collectors there.

I haven't heard from Marcel since Tucson. He has a wife, two kids, and at least two jobs so he has a hard time getting away.

Good luck with the move and the new location.

Jess

I am relocating to Southern California from Arizona. I'll be in Oxnard. I have no digging knowledge south of Bakersfield so I would love to learn more about the opportunties. Obviously I will try to get a few digs in at Bakersfield because it's such a special place for me but I am looking forward to new areas. Jess.....Marcel if you have any ideas I'm all ears ;-) Also I will be going back to the Utah Triassic Ammonite site next may and certainly be willing to meet up with some hard core ammo collectors.